To create an adventure game for iPhone to promote Wrigley’s 5 gum as part of an integrated sales promotion.
Our award-winning team (co-creators of Papa Sangre) produced an audio only iPhone adventure game called The Nightjar which uses cutting edge 3D sound technology designed to stimulate the senses. The game Features voice of Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, War Horse) – Stranded on The Nightjar, a dying spacecraft spiralling into a black-hole.
The Nightjar app is a unique sensorial experiences brought to you by Wrigley’s 5 Gum. There are thousands of games designed for your eyes – here’s one you play with your ears. A thrilling roller-coaster of a space horror story featuring the voice of Benedict Cumberbatch. You’re on a dying spaceship with minutes to live. Plus you can’t see a thing and you have to use the special binaural audio to find your way around. Can your ears handle real fear? Check out the trailer for this to find out more.
• Over 135,000 downloads in the first month.
• Top 30 in Game Charts.
• Top 100 in Overall Charts.
• Winner Shark Awards 2011 – Graphic Design
• Winner Shark Awards 2011 – Sound Design
• IAB CREATIVE SHOWCASE
• Winner BIMA 2011 – Consumer Goods and Services
• Gold in the Lovie Awards 2011 – Entertainment: Tablet
• Silver in the Lovie Awards 2011 – Games: Tablet
• Runner Up BIMA 2011 – Mobile
• Runner up BIMA 2011 – Innovation